Brilliant Thoughts of Franz Kafka






  • "I am a cage in search of a bird."

  • "All that you are seeking is also seeking you."

  • "Better to have and not need than to need and not have."

  • "A non-writing writer is a monster courting insanity."

  • "There are times when I am convinced I am unfit for any human relationship."

  • "Just because your doctor has a name for your condition, doesn't mean he knows what is it."

  • "Start with what is right rather then what is acceptable."

  • "I am free and that is why I am lost."

  • "Paths are made by walking."

  • "I do not read advertisements. I would spend all of my time wanting things."

  • "A first sign of the beginning of understanding is the wish to die."

  • "I have spend all my life resisting the desire to end it."

  • "Isolation is a way to know ourselves."

  • "Love is a drama of contradictions."

  • "It is often safer to be in chains than to be free."

  • "I lack nothing. I only needed myself."

  • "In argument similes are like songs in love, they describe much, but prove nothing."

  • "It is not necessary to accept everything as true, one must only accept it as necessary. A melancholy conclusion. It turns lying into a universal principle."

  • "In a man's struggle agains't the world. Bet on the world."

  • "Youth is happy cause it has the ability to see beauty. Who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old."

  • "Don't bend, don't water it down. Don't try to make it logical. Don't edit your soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly."

  • "All language is but a poor translation."

  • "By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired."

  • "I have the true feeling of myself only when I am unbearably unhappy."

  • "This tremendous world I have inside of me. How to free myself, and this world, without tearing myself to pieces. And rather tear myself to a thousands pieces than be buried with this world within me."


- Franz Kafka
Czechoslovak writer









Popular Posts